Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fake Patty's Day 2012

     I walked down to Aggieville to photograph some of today's Fake Patty's Day celebration. This is a fake holiday that, in a nutshell, is a time to consume copious amounts of alcohol. I would describe it as a very, very condensed Mardi Gras-like atmosphere. The actual St. Patrick's Day falls during Spring Break, when a lack of students are around campus, so an annual event was created to take place the week before. People (mostly college students) come from around the state (a lot of KU people) and from out of state. As someone who does not drink alcohol, I found most of the festival goers to be fairly pleasant (at least the ones I encountered). However, some people didn't make it out without an encounter with the local police force (see below). Check out a small selection of photos below and thanks for looking at my blog!


Dancing in the middle of bagpipe and snare drum Irish band.
Surely this young lady has had better (Fake Patty's) days.
Aggieville, Fake Patty's Day 2012






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Wichita, KS, United States
The Trial of Miles; Miles of Trials

Followers