Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oklahoma City

     I just got back from a 24-hour visit to Oklahoma City. My last Spring Break for my academic career is currently taking place, and I thought Oklahoma City would be a fun destination. Kansas City was another option, but I have been there more than I have been to OKC so the choice was made based on that.
     Finding the best local coffee shops is usually at the top of my list of things to do when traveling. OKC had several that I liked, and some that I didn't. Spending time at the Oklahoma City Memorial was also an experience (I visited OKC Memorial shortly after it opened after the bombing, but it is always something to see again).
     Leaving my camera and lenses behind in favor of using my iPhone to document the trip was a decision I made because I thought it would be a refreshing, fun experience. And it was. Below are several photos straight out of my iPhone.

Oklahoma City Memorial
The Survivor Tree
A family stands in front of the "Survivor" tree at the Oklahoma City Memorial.
Bark from the "Survivor" tree. The tree survived the horrific terrorist attack and its bark has fought off disease that would kill the tree.
Baristas at Coffee Slingers in Automobile Alley located in downtown Oklahoma City.
Oklahoma City

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Wichita, KS, United States
The Trial of Miles; Miles of Trials

Followers